Saturday 31 May 2014

Peanut butter truffle cookies

Well, I wasn't going to post this recipe because in my eyes it failed. But four people telling me they're delicious has made me reconsider. 

It may come as a surprise, but I often don't eat any of my baking. When I'm dieting (which is most of the time and a long story), I'm not even able to sample a bite so I have to rely on other people to tell me honestly what they think. But I struggle to believe sometimes being the pessimist that I am.

But hubby doesn't do sweet stuff, yet he tried these and claimed they were delicious, so here's my post!

Ingredients:
4oz caster sugar
4oz margarine
4oz peanut butter
4tbsp golden syrup 
8oz plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda

For the filling:
4oz dark chocolate
1/4pt double cream
(Or left over Betty Crocker chocolate cake fudge filling, which is what I used).

The filling is a ganache. Heat the cream until just boiling then pour over the chocolate and stir until melted. Pop into the fridge to cool and set.

Preheat the oven to 170/150 fan. Mix the sugar and butter together until fluffy then add the peanut butter and golden syrup. Mix then add the flour and bicarbonate.

Take about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten out and add a small dollop of ganache/choc fudge filling into the middle then mould the dough round and flatten out. 




Bake for 10 minutes until just turning golden. They're very soft when they come out so leave to harden on the baking trays.

Basically, me being me, I don't think they worked as they were supposed to because I didn't stick to the recipe. I didn't weigh out the peanut butter, I guessed but I obviously guessed wrong as this is what happened to mine. The chocolate split out of them as they spread on cooking! Look!!!!!



Or did I guess wrong? You make these and see if they work for you. And let me know!



Seeing as they tasted great, I'm going to use this recipe again but instead of filling, I'm going to simply add chocolate chips to the dough. So I'd make the recipe omitting the chocolate and cream/chocolate fudge mix and add chocolate chips instead, roll into balls then flatten on the baking sheets slightly before baking.

Embarrassingly these are what they were supposed to look like! Did I fail on looks? Of course! But looks aren't everything 



Recipe courtesy of IcedJems.com


No comments:

Post a Comment