Friday 31 May 2013

Yorkshire Pasties

Because they're made in Yorkshire!

As my usual style dictates, I just made it up as I went along. So here goes at a guesstimate:

Makes 11 pasties

500g minced beef
2 large carrots
3 potatoes 
1 onion
1tbsp Hendersons relish
Salt and lots of white pepper 

I cooked my filling by parboiling the potatoes and carrots, softening the onion and browning the meat with the relish then mixing together and leaving to cool 

Pastry:
500g strong white bread flour
20g trex
40g margarine
1 egg yolk
175ml cold water
1 tsp salt

Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor then add the water until a dough is formed. Chill for 30 minutes

Preheat oven to 180c fan.

Roll out the pastry and cut round a small plate. Fill with filling and crimp. Pierce air holes with a knife. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 40 minutes until golden 




No comments:

Post a Comment